What is PAPG?
PAPG provides an informal forum for records and information management professionals working across Queensland Government agencies. The group encourages greater information-sharing and collaboration between Queensland Government agencies and Queensland State Archives (QSA). Meeting four times per year, at a prearranged venue in the Brisbane CBD, members discuss common issues, challenges and achievements sharing their experience and knowledge. Membership is kept small (approximately 20 members) to keep the meetings informal and to give everyone an opportunity to contribute. PAPG was established in 2011 and up until now we haven’t promoted membership. Over the past 12 months there has been an increase in interest from a number of agencies about membership. To give all agencies the same opportunity, we thought we should now extend the invitation to all Queensland Government agencies to participate.
Some benefits for members include:
- ability to discuss recordkeeping and information management issues in an informal environment
- raise/discuss matters of interest
- professional networking opportunities
- professional development and training opportunities.
In addition to the meetings, members also form part of early engagement on QSA initiatives and act as an informal consultation group. Members have an opportunity to influence and shape policy development by providing feedback to QSA on early drafts of policy documents. Some past examples include:
- Decommissioning ICT Systems
- Restricted Access Period forms and transfers process
- Recordkeeping Training Strategy
- Short Term Value Records Retention and Disposal Schedule.
So if you can’t attend the meetings, you still benefit from getting early visibility on some of our projects, which you can be involved in throughout the year.
Who can join?
Membership is open to records management professionals from a cross-section of Queensland Government agencies, including:
- Queensland Government Departments
- local government authorities
- other public authorities including tertiary education bodies, Government Owned Corporations, tribunals, commissions, boards and statutory authorities.
How can I join?
Contact QSA (details below) to nominate a representative to join. Nominees should be a records management practitioner or have significant records management responsibilities in their role. Given the restriction we have on member numbers at meetings, agencies can only nominate one representative to attend. Should we receive a significant amount of interest, we may not always be able to accommodate all requests to attend all meetings. However, we will still send you information to keep you up to date with the latest information.
For more information
If you would like more information about PAPG, have any questions or would like to register your interest for membership, please contact us by phoning 3131 7730 or email email@example.com Andrea Metcalf Senior Policy Officer